How many writers are there in the world? How many recently signed literary agent or publishing contracts? How many are self-publishing? How quickly do books come onto the market now that e-readers have grown so unbelievably popular? And … how many new books actually launch every day?
The numbers are staggering! Some of these books are destined for greatness, written by best selling authors and backed by big publishing monsters. Others have fantastic sales potential, providing the author is ready, willing and able to shout loud enough to be heard over the din. Some books will soar to the top ten Free books on Amazon because the author understands the dynamics of the game. Others will simply float in the middle, getting admirable visibility and fairly good sales. Then there are the duds. Not because they aren’t good books or well written, but simply because the author has no clue as to how to navigate the marketing and promotions world.
If 1,000 books in the exact same genre and subgenre as yours are released on the exact same day, how will you become visible? Now, imagine 10,000 books flooding the market just as yours comes along. What are you going to do?
Most authors have two choices. They either try everything and anything, or they freeze like deer in the headlights. Neither is actually effective for good sales results.
This is a new author marketing series just for you! In this series we’ll cover 8 wonderful ways to get your Author Marketing Voice heard, and heard by the right people … the ones who want to buy your books.
- STRATEGY – How to develop the perfect marketing strategy for your book and your audience
- PREPARE – How to be ready for your launch with an already waiting book buyer base
- BROADCAST – How to set up your platforms so that they are constantly blasting the right message to the right target
- 3 – 2 – 1 – How to create the book launch as creative and powerful as the book you wrote
- EXPLORE AND CONQUER – How to find and approach audiences other authors aren’t even thinking about
- ROAD SHOW – How to take your marketing live and expose your book to broader audiences
- FUEL – How to keep your sales momentum alive and well
- RELOAD – How to do it all again for your next book
Next time, STRATEGY, the electrical current that makes any marketing machine run! Are you ready?
Finding Author Success Second Edition available in print and ebook
Cross Marketing Magic for Authors available in print and ebook